Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, we are a not-for-profit health plan that continually aims to provide our community with innovative health-related products and services, which enable affordable access to quality health care.
Our award-winning customer service, dedication to quality health care and unmatched relationships with physicians and providers has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the highest-ranked health insurance plans in the nation.
- Began operations in 1980
- Nearly 400,000 members
- 1,080 associates
- Serves the 8 counties of Western New York
- Subsidiary Companies: Nova Healthcare Administrators , Pharmacy Benefit Dimensions Inc., Reliance Rx and DxID.
- Ranked “Highest Member Satisfaction among Commercial Health Plans in the New York/New Jersey Region” by J.D. Power in 2016. (J.D. Power’s 2016 U.S. Member Health Plan StudySM)
- Rated 4.5 out of 5 for its HMO/POS (Commercial/Private) line of business and 4 out of 5 for both its Medicare HMO and PPO products, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2016-2017.
- Received the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) highest accreditation status of “Commendable” for its Commercial HMO/POS lines of business.
- One of New York State’s Best Companies to Work For (9 consecutive years).