Skate and Shoot sessions are open ice sessions where all hockey players have the opportunity to practice their game and hone their skills. These sessions are great for improving the mechanics of skating, shooting, stick handling, and even passing (with the help of a buddy or two on the ice!).
GOALIES are always FREE at these events.
Rules for Skate N Shoot are as follows:
- Every player must wear skates, gloves and a helmet.
- Every player under the age of 18 is required to wear a full facemask.
- Absolutely no horseplay/checking/fighting!
- Must be High School age to participate.
- S/S for players 13 years and under only will only be on occasion
Skate N Shoot etiquette and behavior
- 6 players is enough to start a half ice game of take back.
The other half for shooting or another half ice game of take back.
Try to match skill levels accordingly
8-15 players should vote on starting a full ice game
15+ players should automatically signal for players to divide into teams and play a full ice game of pick up
- Not all of the players will have experience with S/S and may not know the “unwritten rules.
If there are not enough players for a game its normal for players to take turns shooting and going in on goal.
ALWAYS BE MINDFUL OF WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU!
DO NOT SHOOT THE PUCK IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS IN YOUR SHOOTING LANE!
DO NOT SKATE TO CREASE AREA TO RETRIEVE YOUR PUCK IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS ABOUT
TO TAKE A SHOT!! DO NOT SKATE INTO SHOOTING LANES!
DO NO SKATE BEHIND THE NET UNTIL CLEAR TO DO SO!!
Bring a water bottle