Join us at the ONLY place in WNY for Olympic regulation Curling!
You’ve seen it on the Olympics, well now you have a place to go this winter for a rare authentic experience.
Learn how to Curl like a pro, with regulation Olympic equipment and knowledgeable trainers.
Only $20 (non-members $25)
INDEPENDENT HEALTH WINTER ACTIVITY DISCOUNTS
INDEPENDENT HEALTH WINTER ACTIVITY DISCOUNTS:
- Open skate and skate rentals – $4 each (non-member $5)
- Skate and Shoot – $8 (non-member $10)
- Learn to Curl – $20 session (non-member $25)
Bring your family and friends out for an open skate session at Buffalo RiverWorks. Enjoy a fun and relaxing time skating on our covered outdoor ice rinks.
It is mandatory to have a signed waiver before participating in Open Skate, Curling, and/or any sporting activity at RiverWorks.
- $4 to skate (non-members $5)
- $4 to rent skates (non-members $5)
- SKATERS CAN ONLY SKATE IN A CIRCULAR MOTION AROUND THE RINK!
- NO SKATING BACKWARDS
- NO SKATING CROSS ICE
- NO RACING
- NO HORSEPLAY
- NO STICKS OR PUCKS
- WALKERS SHOULD ONLY BE USED IN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!
- SKATERS WILL BE TOLD TO VACATE THE ICE FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS!
Skate and Shoot sessions are open ice sessions where all hockey players have the opportunity to practice their game and hone their skills. These sessions are great for improving the mechanics of skating, shooting, stick handling, and even passing (with the help of a buddy or two on the ice!).
GOALIES are always FREE at these events.
Rules for Skate N Shoot are as follows:
- Every player must wear skates, gloves and a helmet.
- Every player under the age of 18 is required to wear a full facemask.
- Absolutely no horseplay/checking/fighting!
- Must be High School age to participate.
- S/S for players 13 years and under only will only be on occasion
Skate N Shoot etiquette and behavior
- 6 players is enough to start a half ice game of take back.</b
- The other half for shooting or another half ice game of take back
- Try to match skill levels accordingly
- 8-15 players should vote on starting a full ice game
- 15+ players should automatically signal for players to divide into teams and play a full ice game of pick up
- Not all of the players will have experience with S/S and may not know the “unwritten rules.
- If there are not enough players for a game its normal for players to take turns shooting and going in on goal.
- ALWAYS BE MINDFUL OF WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU!
- DO NOT SHOOT THE PUCK IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS IN YOUR SHOOTING LANE!
- DO NOT SKATE TO CREASE AREA TO RETRIEVE YOUR PUCK IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS ABOUT TO TAKE A SHOT!!
- DO NOT SKATE INTO SHOOTING LANES!
- DO NO SKATE BEHIND THE NET UNTIL CLEAR TO DO SO!!
- Bring a water bottle